Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The otherside of motherhood

I used to pride myself as an able housekeeper. I say able only because I'm just an okay at keeping my house neat and tidy, average at folding the clothes, slightly above average at magic wiping my floors, excellent at toilet cleaning but horrendous at ironing.

And all these were before the kids came along and my mother-in-law moved in with us.

So naturally, you would have thought that after the kids came along, all these skills by now should have went a notch higher right? Wrong.

Instead, they regressed. 

Okay, for the first son, I took an entire year off to care for him. So of course him being the first child and me being a first time mother, everything was on the ball. 

Food dropped on the floor? Uh huh, so not going to eat that. A little dust on the floor? Magic wipe it away immediately. New toys? Clean and sanitised before use. New clothes? Washed and folded neatly before wear. New food to try? Check for any allergies before introducing new food again. New anything? It all goes through rigorous checks from me before I give the approval.

But now with the second kid and me being back to work after my maternity leaved ended, lets' just say all those rules are well, meant to be broken.

Food dropped on the floor? A little dirt is good for him. A little dust on the floor? It will improve his respiratory system. New toys? What cleaning and sanitising? The older one will get to it first. New clothes? Chucked into the drawer and forgotten. New food? Anything goes, so long as it comes out from the other side. New anything? Whatever goes. 

Plus! Now with my mother-in-law staying with us, I do not have to do much cleaning, folding and that horrible torture called ironing! I truly don't know how she does it, but all her clothes are folded so sharply that it even looks ironed. True story.

And apparently after going to the washroom, I do not know how to end this post. 

So goodbye and have a good day!

No comments: