Friday, February 8, 2013

Have yourself a dong dong dong dong chiang new year!



I am prep-ping myself for the onslaught of all the goodies like pineapple tarts, Bak Kwa, love letters and also, braving myself for the son's pleading when I'll need to control his intake of the unlimited supply of soft drinks and sweets at every home's visit. Shudder.

But the most fun part of Chinese New Year is dressing up in new clothes, new shoes, new bags, new everything. While I would like to dress to impress, I had to bear in mind that I have a toddler and a baby to chase after and puked upon, thus comfort and practicality are still key to me.

So here are some inspiration boards to snazzy me up while still being comfortable for the whole day.

For Reunion Dinner:


Cat knit
via Polyvore

It's comfy and ready for bed anytime. That's how cool cats rock yo.

Day 1:


Orient BLue
via Polyvore

I thought of going full on black, well you know, to cover up and hide any bulging bits, but then thought otherwise. And I like how the cobalt blue actually complements the floral top. The key to balancing this tuck-in look is in the proportion of your waist and hips. Tuck too high and you might end up looking too frumpy, too low and you'll end up too hipster?

Day 2:

Fantasy
via Polyvore

Well a girl can dream, right? Right?!

Have a blast celebrating the Chinese New Year!

No comments: