Friday, December 30, 2011

This is the one I get deep and incoherent

With this, I end my 2011.


  • I started blogging again, regularly. If you're really bored and actually took the time to read through my old entries, I've been blogging since 2008. But between 2010 till now, there was a time when I stopped or rather blogged erratically due to the birth of the son and also due to some family issues.
  • I went back to work full time. This is also the time when I decided to start blogging again. It started out sort of like an update to my friends, and then vanity got the better of me (my outfit photos, I know right) and lastly, I decided to take a more pro-active approach to it and sort of make it mine. Don't get what I'm trying to say? Neither do I.
  • A major setback at the start of the year. It was an emotional roller coaster for me and my family. At this point, I'm still struggling as to how to write it down, but if you're reading this and you know who you are, Thank you. A very grateful and sincere Thank you. I remembered you told me you always check my blog for updates and am a fan(?) so this is for you. To let you guys know that though things are different now, but we're still doing alright. Not fantastic, but still surviving. I'm always thinking of you guys too. 
  • I've learnt not to judge others. I used to have a snobbish attitude towards people but after what my family have been through, its best not to. Because really, what goes around, comes around.
  • Family. When adversity struck, they're always be here for you. When everything was snowballing, the few people that really stuck with us were my mother-in-law, my sister and my parents. I really wouldn't know what I'll do without them.
  • My father-in-law. He has not much time left due to a cancer remission. But he is a fighter. He was made bankrupt twice, yet he made his fortune back again and again. Back when the husband and I were still dating, the three of us would stay up late to watch football matches together. In between, he would often tells me stories about his heydays and their family history. I often joked to the husband, that my father-in-law will make a great history teacher or storyteller.  
And lastly, to my husband who has been so brave throughout it all. With so much pressure placed on you, you've never gave up hope. Not on us nor on me. Maybe you've thought about it, but I'm glad you didn't. You're never the type that bothers on how people's opinions matters, and rather stick to your own principles than let it get to you. Let's not bother with naysayers anymore than they give themselves credit for. 

For now, we're just going to take each day as it comes along whether its the new year or not, because frankly my dear, all that matters is, we still have each other.

No comments: