Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Horrible stories for happy children

Just so you know, I tell my boys bedtime stories sometimes before they go to sleep. I say sometimes because most times I'll be out cold before any stories gets told.

We don't read from books either and it's mostly made up stories told by me with the boys hiding under the blanket and going all excited about something.

I say something because to Jeb, it's all about hiding from scary monsters right now.

Our stories usually goes like this...

"Once upon a time there was a little boy. This little boy loves to eat chocolate. He loves chocolate so much that he eats it for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday! One day, as he was eating his chocolates, he sigh and thought to himself how nice it would be if he was a chocolate too! And it so happened that the next morning he really did turned into a chocolate! He was so happy that he ate himself. The end."

I only realise that it's had a morbid ending but to Benjamin he was happy that this story was all about chocolates. And most times, the characters that I made up were all based after the boys.

So obviously, this boy was based after Benjamin who really loves his chocolate.

Or another one based after Jeb.

"Once upon a time there was a little boy. This little boy loves to run, climb and jump. He can run and climb and jump all day long! And his favourite food to eat are bananas, apples, pumpkin seeds and broccoli. However he would keep the food in his mouth for a long time, until one day he realised that all his teeth dropped out as the food had rotted in his mouth! Thus he had no more teeth left to eat anything any more. The end."

I could be the next writer for the next series of the Grimm brothers fairy tale.

No comments: