Thursday, August 11, 2011

Psst! You heard of nesting? Its dangerous cause it made me threw away my favourite pair of shoes


Nesting Instinct:
Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.

For me, this came about few weeks after the delivery of my son. I was depressed, alone and just plain miserable. When it kicked in, I was unstoppable. I cleared out all my good clothes that I deemed too small for me to fit in, threw away perfectly good shoes just because I thought I will never see my ankles again (they were still swollen because of water retention) and get this..... I took out all the clothes and folded them neatly and arranged them according to their material while in the midst of being angry at my husband too! Is'nt it amazing what hormones can do to you?

It is with deep regret that I'm even writing this now. I threw away my favourite pair of mustard flats, a pair of robin blue floral flats, a cream satin fabric heels and argh, I don't even want to remember anymore!

You know, post-partum is often fraught with many difficulties. Do not believe pictures of smiling mothers breastfeeding their babies nor air-brush models modeling as mothers wearing skin tight pant. Its a fraud.

Most likely you'll be grumpy, unkempt, smelly, angry, tired, irritated, crying and feeling sorry for yourself while your baby is crying and crying and crying. This is the truth.

Gee, I sound really bitter but I'm not! I'm a mother myself, thus I'm qualified to tell you like it is. Anyways, if you're pregnant and reading this, enjoy your freedom while you can. Cause you're next holiday might be in twenty years time.

I still sound bitter don't I? Ha. But I'm really really not!

Okay Blogger was down a while ago and now its up and running, so today's outfit:

black top: Jennie Shop
nautical cardi: The Women's Closet
skirt: sister's
grey wedge: Mitju


I had this urge to wear this pair of wedge since last night. Usually, I'm the sort of girl that reserves such shoes for special occasions like weddings or to somewhere fancy. But I guess we all have to succumbed to such frivolous cravings once in a while.

2 comments:

my thrifty closet said...

haha..that's so true. Post partum, I was crying all the time even when watching TV. I threw away my husband stuff during the nestling period. Haha..well I still do

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

life-muse said...

haha Mongs! I still do too, though very subtlely done ha!